This year 2023 the conference will be in HYBRID mode (face to face or/and virtual), if the health conditions and travelling restrictions do not allow CIEES 2023 to be held in-person, the conference will be moved to a fully virtual format.
Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains, or environments to which it is applicable, addressing one or several of the conference areas or topics. Only original papers will be submitted.
Authors have to submit a paper in English (British), checked for correct grammar and spelling.
The review process is single-blind, i.e. the reviewers are anonymous (reviewers know the authors’ names and backgrounds, but authors don’t know those of the reviewers).
Please make your registration on CIEES 2023 Conference Management System
An account is needed, if you don’t have, you can register first.
Step 2.Format your full paper in accordance with the provided template and guidelines. Submit it using CIEES CMT system until September 18, 2023.
The copyright forms should be signed electronically.
On acceptance the corresponding author must fill in the Registration form and pay the conference registration fee until October 25, 2023.
Registration and Paper Submission
Authors are invited to submit a full paper according to the conference template before the deadline. Please, submit your paper electronically in .DOC/ .DOCX and .PDF format using CIEES 2023 Conference Management System, powered by Microsoft’s Academic Conference Management Service. The submitted manuscript must comply with the following specifications:
- Paper Length is limited to 4 (four) A4 pages for regular paper, including figures, tables & references. Additional pages are subject to increased costs, which amount to 10 EUR per page.
- Paper Size: A4 (210 mm X 297 mm)
- Lay-out: Double column IEEE format [https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html]
- File Size Limitation: 10.0 MB
- Do NOT page number your paper
In the conference management system select the conference topics that most closely matches the subject area of your paper. This topics selection will be used to match reviewers to your paper, and to include your paper in the most appropriate session in the conference program, so it is important to make a careful selection.
The Conference Committee based on a peer review may forward the submitted paper to another appropriate topic.
1. All manuscripts will be subjected to single-blind peer-reviewing and are expected to meet the scientific criteria of novelty and academic excellence.
2. The corresponding author is responsible for ensuring that the article’s publication has been approved by all other co-authors and takes responsibility for the paper during submission and peer review.
3. The submitted full paper will be reviewed by at least two independent referees on:
3.1. suitability for one of the topics of the conference
3.2. scientific content and level, the relevance of presented results;
3.3. correspondence with the template, English usage, and grammar.
4. Review comments will be communicated with the corresponding author and you may require to do necessary revisions and send the revised paper on or before the prescribed day.
Ethics for Authors and Plagiarism
Articles, containing any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews. Authors are strongly advised to make sure that their submissions do not substantially overlap work, which has been published elsewhere or simultaneously submitted to a journal or another conference with proceedings.
The software solution IEEE CrossCheck / iThenticate will be used for plagiarism check. The overall amount of duplication from previously published content must be less than 30% (including references) and up to 8% from single source. If the submitted paper does not meet the above criteria, the authors will receive the result of the review and will be able to make changes within 10 days.
Any text that needs to be reproduced “as is” should be quoted, and proper references provided. Before sending their contributions, the authors should check and document themselves about plagiarism and self-plagiarism. There is no excuse for a lack of knowledge on this matter.
Before submitting a manuscript, please read the information for authors on the website www.ciees.eu. Please do not submit your paper until it satisfies the requirements of formatting. You can find the templates in the submenu Useful files, as well.
More information about IEEE author ethics guidelines you can find at: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/wp-content/uploads/IEEE-Author-Ethics-Guidelines.pdf
Camera Ready Submission
Authors of accepted papers are invited to upload the camera ready paper. Papers meeting the following criteria will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore Digital Library®:
- Reviewers comments are taken into consideration;
- The plagiarism detection system is passed;
- The paper follows with the instructions in the Conference template;
- English language and grammer are correct;
- The IEEE copyright form is signed and submitted.
On Camera ready version of the paper, the copyright notice should be added to the footer, below the left paragraph on the first page.
The appropriate copyright clearance code notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page of each paper according to the guidelines set forth in the Cataloging/Copyright Instructions for an IEEE Conference Proceeding. Detailed instructions can be found at: https://www.ieee.org/content/ieee-org/en/publications/rights/
Please select the appropriate notice from the list below:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is:
U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
979-8-3503-3691-7/23/$31.00 ©2023 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is:
979-8-3503-3691-7/23/$31.00 ©2023 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is:
979-8-3503-3691-7/23/$31.00 ©2023 IEEE
The CMT system will also guide the author to fill in the copyright form, which should be uploaded to CMT along with the camera-ready paper.
Mandatory for Final Paper
Use IEEE PDF eXpress to ensure/check that your PDF is Xplore compliant [https://ieee-pdf-express.org/]
Conference ID: 58940X
Deviations from the above paper specifications could result in removal of your accepted paper from the proceedings.
Authors of accepted papers are expected to register and present their papers at the conference. All presented papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore Digital Library®.
All submissions of final papers must be in Microsoft Word/LaTeX and PDF format through the conference system.
Proceedings and all presentations will be in English.
PDF eXpress Instructions for Authors
Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
- Click https://ieee-pdf-express.org/ to go to the IEEE PDF eXpress Login Page.
- Once at the PDF eXpress web site, create a IEEE PDF eXpress account by clicking on "Create account" link.
- Enter 58940X for the Conference ID.
- Continue to enter information as prompted. You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account.
- Through your IEEE PDF eXpress account, you may submit your source files for conversion to PDF, or submit PDFs for checking.
- Publication Support Center [https://supportcenter.ieee.org/app/answers/list/p/12]
- Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
All accepted papers should be presented in English. CIEES 2023 will be held on the date we announced.
At least one author per paper is requested to present the paper at the conference. As it is mandatory for CIEES conference, we will implement a strict “No Show No Publication” policy, meaning that accepted papers that are not presented at the conference will not be published afterwards in the conference proceeding. Only presented papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore Digital Library®.
Such presentations must be done on-site or via online software platform, so participants and authors can talk and interchange their experiences and views. The authors are kindly asked to present their papers in 10 minutes to allow 5 minutes for questions and discussion.
Your contributions can be presented in two formats:
- Oral presentations
- Virtual presentations
The authors of the accepted papers who are unable to attend the conference in person will be given an option to present their papers online and attend an interactive virtual conference. The conference will be organized in HYBRID MODE in which participants will be allowed to present in person and online. The proceedings and the certificates will be sent to the corresponding authors through email. However, all matters related to publication and indexing will remain unchanged.
Online presentations will be held in a virtual room environment. Presentations will be made in real-time video conferencing. A separate virtual room will be defined for each session.
All conference sessions will be shared and streamed live via the Internet will be open to all participants.
Other technical details will be announced later.
Please use the recommended template for presentations at the Conference and refer to it for additional information!